In moderation and as part of a balanced diet and physically active lifestyle, snacking can be good for you. Biscuits and crispbreads such as Arnott's Snack Right and Vita-Weat can be enjoyed regularly as part of a balanced diet to help maintain wellbeing.
Arnott's Tiny Teddy and Shapes come in small, convenient packs that make fun, occasional treats for the lunchbox or weekend outings. Children need to eat regularly to replace the energy they use and to provide nutrients essential for their growth and good health, so snacks are an important part of their diet.
Tips for healthy snacking
- Stop thinking about foods as good or bad. A moderate amount of any food can be included in a healthy diet.
- Regular snacks are best for keeping blood sugar and energy levels constant
- Stick to the sensible serve size to avoid overeating. Arnott's is in the process of reducing the serve size across most of its biscuit range to make it even easier for people to achieve the right balance in their diet
- Think ahead and plan your snacks. Stock the pantry and your office drawer with a variety of snack choices.
- Drink plenty of water. Fluids such as fruit and vegetable juices provide a range of nutrients and are also important to prevent dehydration in warmer weather.